Sunday, January 22, 2006

What a scooteriffic weekend!

At last, my Stella arrived! Isn't she pretty? I really got the hang of driving it today, even though it was rainy and cold. My first time on the scooter the I had a...how shall I put it...an "altercation" with the mailbox - the mailbox won - leaving me and my new bike a bit scuffed up...bummer. Nothing ice and an ace bandage (and a bit of touch up paint) can't fix. It's really not smart to leap from a moving bike even if you are heading uncontrollably into a mailbox. I'm really glad the mini-windshield was backordered because I probably would have shattered it. Oh well; at least I got it over with. Now I'm sore all over. Good thing I found the perfect helmet and was wearing it. It's white with pink flames. So very cute! I had Ben follow me to the office this evening for a trial run. The shifting is a bit tricky, but I'm getting the hang of it. Rain is in the forecast tomorrow so I'm not sure I'm going to have the guts to go on my own. We'll see...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look cute on your scooter! :) I think you should take an upclose pic of the helmet so we can all see it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you crashed! Glad you're ok.

Heather said...

OH.MY.GOSH! You are SO stinkin' cute on Stella! Go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog...I am a new visitor here and really enjoyed it!

Love the new products too! I have been waiting and waiting since last CKU-A in dallas for colored transparencies and I am still waiting...so these are awesome! I will let LSS know to order when available!

J