Saturday, January 14, 2006

Hooker Hall no more

About 2 1/2 years ago, Ben and I had the brilliant idea to paint our hall a nearly black, green. On top of that, we decided to paint the hall doors so that they looked like red stained wood. I called it "Hooker Hall" because it kind of had a red light district feel. (Just the kind of feelings you want to evoke as you enter each of your kids' rooms) I knew it was awful when I did it - I blamed hormones from being pregnant, don't know what Ben excuse was - but I haven't been motivated to change it until now. Thank goodness for sweet friends! Laura came over tonight and helped me knock a bunch of it out. She likes to paint...bless her! The color I chose for the hall is a little extreme for my house, especially on the wall...Hooker Hall is now so white and bright that you have to squint to look at it and you hear a little "ahhhhhh" like you're before the pearly gates...yes, it's true...I used white on a wall! Tracy, you can stop laughing now.

Let's put this little decorating mishap behind us and move on. Goodbye Hooker Hall. Can't say I'll miss you.

3 comments:

Curdie said...

What? No before and after pictures?

I have a question, did you install the two sets of track lighting before or after the dark green paint job?

Soooo...Hooker Hall is now the Pearly Gates. Nothing like going to extremes ;)

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://xqelvqlp.com/aidq/xbdp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nqsiirdx.com/nrue/pgts.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit