Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weekend Warrior

What a weekend! I was in motorcycle training course all day Saturday and until 3 pm on Sunday. I'm absolutely exhausted from it. But it was fun and I passed both the tests so I can get my M class license.

Saturday night Ben and I were supposed to go to a comedy club in Ft. Worth but Ben didn't feel well so we lamed out. I'm so glad b/c I don't know that I could have done it. Since we already had the babysitter lined up, we decided to go out nearby. I never thought that Barnes & Nobles, Pei Wei and a trip to Walmart could equal a good date night but it was perfect! I picked up some real winners at the bookstore. [Kate - too bad you're not coming to work tomorrow 'cause you are going to flip. Guess Emily will get to enjoy my finds:)] I came across a really cool book that I found very inspiring - Where Women Create: Inspiring Work Spaces of Extraordinary Women. Loved it! Makes me want to move my girls into a room together so I can have a work space at home. Selfish mother I am. Maybe in a year or so.

Tonight Ben and I had another date night but this time we took Nolen with us. It was Ben's birthday on Friday and since I totally forgot his birthday last year, he deserved two nights of my undivided attention. We went to see Glory Road. What a cool movie! It was really important for me to have Nolen see it. I don't want to hide from the injustices of the past even though it's hard to stomach - especially since the movie takes place in Tx in '65 - the same year my mother was a college Freshman. Nolen loved the movie. He was so funny. About half way through the movie he moved over one seat from me. I see that desire for independence coming out in him. Ben and I laughed that before long we'd be bringing him with a girl and they'd sit apart from us, just like his parents did when Ben and I were dating. But we'll be sure to sit behind them - no funny business.

More about the movie. Great MLK Day movie. LOVE Josh Lucas. What a cute man!

Almost as cute as my husband.

1 comment:

kateolynch said...

Josh Lucas is such a hottie! He is the whole reason we sat through 3 hours of the most boring play in NYC - he was in it!