Sunday, January 08, 2006

Desperate for sleep

Ben is out of town again so I'm attempting to hold my own as a single mom. I'm so tired! This morning, I could not possibly manage to get up so I did something that I'm pretty sure is in the 'What not to do' chapter in any parenting book...I agreed to pay my son if he would take care of Ella while I slept in. He wanted $20 but we settled on $10. So basically I paid $5 per hour of extra sleep. I really can't believe he wanted $20. What was he thinking? So I'm sure I'll have to take him to Target today so he can spend his "well-earned" money. When I was a kid, my mom would pay us a nickel for every minute we rubbed her feet. That's way more disturbing than what I did this morning, don't you think?

I'm about to load the kids up and head to the Fossil store for a new sling purse. I'm addicted to sling purses - I can't imagine carrying a regular purse anymore - I have to have a bag that's strapped to my body. As much us I leave my sling bag in restaurants, stores, work and home, I can only imagine how often I'd lose a regular purse. I just wish there were cuter options.

There's a new outdoor mall nearby where the Fossil store is and I'm dying to try out my new Joovy Caboose stroller that has a place for Grace to sit and a platform/jumpseat for Ella. You know you're old when you get excited about breaking in new baby gear. It's such a beautiful day today so it's a perfect day for such an errand. Better get to it. Only 3 hours 'till the stores close.

1 comment:

Curdie said...

Hmmm, I wish I had someone to pay to watch the baby for an extra hour in the morning. Shame on Nolen for asking for $10 an hour! Kids these days... ;)

Andrew's dad used to pay a nickle for a foot rub, but I think Andrew's sister was the only one willing to do it and she figured out quickly that a nickle wasn't worth it.