Friday, August 18, 2006

Thank goodness for Schwans!

Last night Ben and I worked late at the office...like 7:30. We've gotten in a terrible habit of driving through for dinner...Boston Market, Taco Cabana, Chili's to Go...ch-ching, ch-ching!! We couldn't bare to spend another $25 on dinner even though that $25 also bought a little bit of sanity with it...nevertheless, it had to stop. So we went home determined to scrounge together something that resembled dinner.

Ben remembered that it was our Schwan's delivery day but since it was now nearly 8 pm we thought we were out of luck...driver gone home. Ben paged him anyway, just in case... Well, he came flying by the house in his big yellow truck and terrified that he would keep going, I flew out of the house to chase him down! Of course, at that point he was just backing up to park in front of the house. Ben and the driver got a good laugh at my behavior, but who cares...we have a freezer full of food! It's not the cheapest thing in town but when compared to dough we've been shelling out for dinner, you can't beat it. It tastes good too! Love the veggies, meatballs, tortellini, pork chops, french bread, breaded mushrooms...just to name a few.

We have a babysitter booked tonight b/c it's my birthday and Ben and I are going to Saltgrass for dinner...yes, the big THREE-FOUR! How did that happen? I just graduated from high school the other day :)

I hope Ben stays awake during dinner tonight. We have been desperate for him to repair our office network so he went to bed a little early last night (if 10 pm is considered early) and woke up at 2:30 am to go back to work. Isn't that crazy!? He's wonderful...everything is working! Yay! More intro to digital scrapbooking classes tomorrow. I'm so excited!!

6 comments:

Emily Adams said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! You are such a young'un! :)

Funky Finds said...

omg! happy birthday!!! :) and i grew up eating nothing but schwan's food! loved it. do they still have those bagel dogs? they were so good but gave you rank breath! LOL

Kandice said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a great day!
You know what I miss...? those Schwans cherry turnover things.. oh! and their individual pizzas! When we went to my grandma's when we were little, we got to eat those... and the ice cream bars too. Man, I guess we didn't eat very healthy at grandma's... oh well. It was always fun. Those are great memories. I smile when I see that yellow refrigerated truck. :)
Hope you had lots of smiles today!

Valerie Vaughn said...

happy birthday!
congratulations on the digi lounge!

Curdie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Ashley!

I've never heard of Schwans, but sounds good :)

Unknown said...

Happy belated B'day Ashley!! Hope you have a great dinner! How did this weekends round of classes go?