Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Boston in review

CKU Boston

Wow! Boston is an amazing city!! We had such a good time at CKU Masters and taking Nolen was a truly awesome experience! He had such a great time...learned SO much about our country's history. We walked and walked and walked. I really loved being able to give Nolen my undivided attention...no baby sisters to interrupt his thoughts or mess with his stuff. Just the two of us hanging out. And being there with Emily was a blast too. Luckily Nolen and Emily both remembered their PJs. It was a big concern of Nolen's that one of them might forget. Here are some fun pics from the trip.



Dinner at No Name was great! Nolen and I got boiled lobsters and worked a little for our dinner.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip.

One of the really cool things we got to do was visit the Body world exhibit at the Museum of Science. It was really incredible. After he got a look at a real smoker's lung compared to a non-smoker's lung, I really don't have to worry about a thing. It's all he could talk about for days.

The memories we made together last weekend were amazing. I'm so glad we went together. It was also neat for Nolen to see what I do when I go to CKUs and what it's all about it. I love how comfortable he feels in the crazy make and take setting and in the classroom. He's so easy going and really gets interested in what I do. He's a really cool kid.

CKU Home Study

I got great news this week. I'll definitely be doing some CKU Home Study classes. These are going to be so much fun! I love it b/c everyone can take it, no matter where you live! My classes are a little bit digital and a little bit traditional and a LOT of fun!! So be on the lookout for them soon. More details to come...

Labor Day Crop

We decided to have a crop at the Magic Scraps office on Monday - Labor Day. I can't wait to get caught up on some layouts and projects! The crop is just $5 which covers lunch. EVERYONE gets a goody bag, so come one and all...digi or traditional...it's open for all!! Just let me know you're coming! e-mail: ashley@polkadotpotato.com

4 comments:

Emily Adams said...

Boston was fun! I really enjoyed the qt with Nolen, you have such neat kids!

Quote on the trip, when asked what we should do one afternoon, having been presented with a list of possibilities, Nolen said "Mom, why don't we just multitask?":)

cool kid...

Funky Finds said...

How awesome that Nolen went with you. Fun! I wish I could attend the crop Monday, but it looks to be a million miles from my neck of the woods! Driving on 75 scares me to death, too. Yikes! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great time! Mmm...lobster!! :) Great photos!

Mary said...

Boston sounds like a fun trip! and I'm very interested in the crop on Monday! Just emailed ya! :)