Thursday, August 24, 2006

Big week...bigger weekend

It's about 3 am and I'm desperately trying not to fall asleep. We leave for Boston in just 3 1/2 hours! Yippee! Never been to Boston so I'm really excited. It took me quite a while to get packed tonight...so no sleep for me! I'm too scared of falling asleep and not waking up in time so it's best for to suffer through and then crash on the plane. I don't really like sleeping on the plane b/c it never fails that I wake up with my mouth wide open...so embarrassing.

I'm really, really excited about this trip because my son is coming with me! I used miles to get him a ticket so he's taking a couple of days off school. I really wanted to take him somewhere special this summer - just the two of us - because he did really well on his 3rd grade testing and I wanted to reward him. Chicago came to mind but unfortunately the funds just weren't there. This is actually so much better b/c there's so much more history involved with Boston. Plus, I've never been there so it's fun for me, too!!

This week was fun but busy. On Monday, a bunch of us girls got together to celebrate my birthday and Kate's birthday which is Friday...Happy Birthday, Kate!! Emily, Pam, Jen, and Kandice treated us to a lovely evening! We went to Grand Lux which I adore b/c of the beignets. I could eat those things all day long!

Ben's sister came over last night to visit. She's very single and pretty much looking for a man...so we looked at match.com. Wow! What a bunch of losers! I got so sick of reading "I'm seeking a woman who values personal fitness as much as I do" C'mon...just say it...You want some skinny chic! You don't care if she's fit! Anyway, most of the guys wanted to make me vomit so we took that off our list of ways for Arides to meet a man. Now Ben is trying to drag her to the singles group at church. He's a sweet brother.

While I'm on a rant and rave...I have a comment about the whole layered look that's in. I really love it...very cute...long shirts help hide people's cracks...good things:) But...then again...is it just a plot to make us buy more clothes? So, one top isn't good enough...has to be two? three? I'm cheap. I don't like buying 2 shirts for one outfit. Makes no sense to me! Another thing...I was so happy to have the big shirt thing back. It's comforting to me. Takes me back to my teenage years in the 80's...minor problem...my hips are huge!!! 3 births later, a shirt pulled tight around my ass is just not a pretty thing! Oh well...Debby Schuh recently told me that once you've worn a style, if/when it comes back in, you're too old to wear it again. That's some sound advice...nay...fact. So no Cyndi Lauper and early Mondonna outfits are in my future...darn it all!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I totally agree on match.com (and all internet dating sites in general! :)

Hope that you and the little one are having a lovely time in Boston!!!

Pamela Lambie said...

Wow... that's a great pic of you and Kate. You should give me the name of your photographer... she's fantastic.

*wink*