Friday, February 03, 2006

Home at last!

Well, the show was great! A ton of incredibly smart retailers picked up our new Route 99 line. So many people also took notice of all the other things we'd been up to for the last year. The company has been through so many changes and our booth took a lot of people by surprise. Vegas was a healing time for me - rekindling old friendships...visiting with old customers...it was cool.

Coming home was really awesome. Kate and I caught the red-eye home so I got home at 5 am instead of 10 am. I surprised Ben and the kids with my early arrival. Ben is a total superman! I came home to a spotless house, a fridge full of leftovers like pork loin, pesto pasta, chili and homemade banana pudding, and some happy & healthy kids. He's so incredible!

This trip was really good for me and my son's relationship. {absence makes the heart grow fonder} I wrote a note for him to read everyday I was gone. According to Ben, he really loved the notes and looked forward to reading them every day. Every time I called home he was super chatty. He talked more than anytime I can remember. He's really growing up. I'm looking forward to watching him continue to mature. We're able to have such fun conversations these days. He's also very creative. I love to ask him what he thinks of a design that I've created. His feedback is priceless.

It's so wonderful to be home. A quiet Friday night that consists of giving the girls a bath and watching Shark Boy and Lava Girl with Nolen beats a night watching Frankie Moreno at the Las Vegas Hilton any old night...but that was a blast, too:) I'd post a pic of us crazy girls with Frankie but the picture was erased. I'm so bummed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the show and lucky enough to get to sit on your scooter and wear a scarf. The product line is fabulous! I went to CHA with www.scraplovers.com and I know we picked up the line, we all loved it. Thanks for a great product and a totally fun booth!

kellibluefrog