Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back in the game...

the grocery game, that is. After a 3 month hiatus from shopping with coupons I'm back in the game! I subscribe to this phenomenal list that gives me weekly updates of what to buy where at all the area grocery stores. (www.grocerygame.com) Unfortunately I have not been getting the Sunday paper which leaves me completely couponless. No coupons...this makes coupon shopping very difficult. Tracy to the rescue! Tracy and I have been friends since the summer after 3rd grade. We've done plenty of crazy things together - mostly during our teens - like the time we dressed her up like a 30 year old and sent her into the liquor store to buy beer. Unfortunately we didn't figure out what year a 30 year old should have been born in and she accidentally told the attendant she was 12. Oh well...we just went home and sipped Dr. Pepper. Anyway, this time it was her idea, I swear it! She recently discovered a wealth of coupons available in the paper recycling bin at our kids' school. So yes, we did the unthinkable Monday night...with a lone flashlight in hand, we did some dumpster diving for coupons. My biggest fear was getting caught by the principal. Can you imagine?! Two respectable PTA moms caught in the dumpster sifting through people's old papers for coupons? We were found out by the janitor but oddly enough, she didn't seem phased.

The end result was great - tons of coupons from Jan & Feb and I saved over $70 dollars tonight at Tom Thumb! Thanks Tracy!!

1 comment:

KelliBlueFrog said...

Grocery Game finally got set up for my state! Thanks for pointing me there - I'm going to join, but want to give you credit if you want for the referral. Email me if you want me to put your name for the referral ok?
kellibluefrog@Hotmail.com