Saturday, February 18, 2006

Another Date Night

Nolen was very jealous when I took Ella out last Friday night. I didn't dare pass on the chance for a few hours alone with him so we had our own date night last night. I took him to see 8 Below and go to 1/2 Price Books. The movie was sweet...he LOVED it! It always shocks me how much food is at the theatre. 2 hot dogs, 1 drink, 1 very small popcorn and some Reeses Pieces - over $20! I seriously contemplated smuggling food in but didn't think it I would be setting the best example. One time my dad smuggled microwave popcorn into the theatre. I'm so sure that no one noticed the popcorn smell or steam coming from the inside of his winter jacket...so embarrassing...so I coughed up the money so my son wouldn't feel like we were cheating or anything. He was already so stressed that I was taking pictures of us in the seats before the moving started b/c one of the screens they show before the previews said no video or still cameras allowed during the movie. One thing about Nolen, he's very unlikely to be a hell-raiser in his teenage years. He's so much like my husband...by the book. He freaks out if we start pulling out of a parking lot before he has his seatbelt on because he's afraid he'll get in trouble with the law. At 1/2 Price, he found just the book he was looking for - a huge DK book about animals. He has been enthralled since the moment he opened it.

I have so much to do this weekend. I have a load of PTA work, regular work stuff to do and I'm off to Jacksonville on Tuesday, so I guess I need to unpack from Vegas. I desperately need to take Nolen to get his hair cut today. This is the first time in his life he doesn't have super short hair and I really don't know what to do with it. It's just sticking out everywhere!

3 comments:

christina said...

Sounds like a super fun date night! i have to admit i am a food smuggler:)

Heather said...

Dates, shmates. Just kidding. Sounds like you guys had a fun night! Now, update your blog!

Mackey said...

It sounds like the two of you had a wonderful time!! That is simply too funny about his reaction to the camera. I love it. But the photo is terrific and well worth the shot!!