Monday, February 13, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here are the Valentine cards Nolen and I made together.

Today is going to be fun! Ben and I are the room parent's for Nolen's 3rd grade class so that means we're in charge of the class party. We've got a great game planned. We're taping a blank piece of paper of each child's back. All of the kids are to anonymously write something they like about their classmates on the paper... whatever... I like your laugh... I like your shoes... I like how smart you are... Then I'm going to have the kids go around the room and share what the other kids wrote. I think that will be the perfect Valentine's Day game. I hope they all go home feeling great about themselves.

4 comments:

Virginia said...

What a great idea!! We can all use soem positive thoughts about US! Great self-image builder! Hope it went great.
Virg

christina said...

what a super fun idea, hope everyone had a grand time...very cute cards too

Curdie said...

Beautiful cards, but are you sure you want Nolen to look so good to the ladies? ;)

How did the game turn out?

Laura

Ashley said...

The game turned out wonderfully! After the kids wrote the notes on their backs, they all got food then we went around the room and each child stood up and read theirs aloud...then we all clapped to celelbrate each child. It was awesome! For any student that wanted it, Mrs. Yeager laminated and hole punch their sheet so they could keep it in their folder. It was also great b/c it was a quiet game but the kids still had fun!