Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mohawks are fun!

Aren't mohawks a blast? Today was the closing ceremony at Nolen's school. So much fun! Our awesome principals had a little bet with the 5th graders - they promised to get mohawks if 100% of the kids passed the science TAKS test (the TX standardized test for 3rd - 11th grades). Well, they got so close - 97% passed which was enough for the principals to make good on their bet...so they had their wives come to the ceremony and give them mohawks in front of the kids. It was great! I don't think this was Mr. Gibbins first mohawk. His wife appeared highly skilled. Mr. Forsyth, on the other hand, ended up with a fauxhawk. And he came very prepared with his own smock.

Included in the festivities were some musical acts: Root Canal sung "Sweet Home MST" and Ms. Patterson belted "We are Family".



We've had such a wonderful year. Every teacher Nolen has had at MST has been fantastic! Nolen's teacher this year, Mrs. Yeager, is wonderful - exactly what Nolen needed - that perfect balance between patience and firmness. She was dancing to the music today. She looks about 12 in this picture I snapped. She's so fun and cute.

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I'm sure I'll cry. I get way emotional about these things.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I emailed the link to M&M. Were there administrators like this when we were kids? Yesterday was great. Also, thanks for all of your hard work for PTA this year. You are AMAZING!

Heather said...

How freakin' COOL! Teachers wern't like that when I was in school. Granted, they were mean Germans, but they got the job done. It looks like he's part of a fantastic school! I hope my kids (someday) get to attend something like that!

Anonymous said...

hey! thanks for the great talk yesterday. I think we are feeling better and will look into MST for the 07-08 school year for all 3 of them. We will start praying about it now that they will get in!!
smooches!

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://whypdkxp.com/ilae/fzkf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tdpcwgsm.com/gmvb/bvpy.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://whypdkxp.com/ilae/fzkf.html | http://hnsuvefq.com/cmkb/zzxo.html