Wednesday, July 26, 2006

On the road again...

I just got back from Chicago it seems and now I'm off to Atlanta for CKU. Traveling takes everything out of me these days. I want a day to dedicate to my kids...to hold them, play with them, kiss them 'til there are no more kisses left. I really just need one of those days...

But no...I have to pack instead....and clean the house...and make dinner...and finish up some stuff on the website... Wow, I sound very depressing....sorry about that!

I had a great time in Chicago but missed seeing about half of the people I wanted to see. Everything was so rushed and I failed to go with a list and a concrete plan. I have no excuse whatsoever. I even had 8 hours of uninterrupted time in Tulsa OK that I could have used...but I did some other work instead.

I did find some great stuff to add to www.polkadotpotato.com. We finally figured out some crucial e-commerce stuff so we'll be shipping worldwide before you know it! I can't wait for Christmas time. I have so many fun gift ideas to add to the site. It's going to be a blast!

Every so often I get hit upside the head with the panic bug. I know there is a reason that I'm changing business directions from Magic Scraps to Polka Dot Potato and I'm constantly giving it all up to God b/c it's only with His help that I'm going to get through this. I know that all the pieces of the puzzle will come together. I thank new friends like Des that give me encouragement at just the right time.

Here's some fun pics from Chicago! It was so awesome meeting up with Lynda and walking the show with her - she's my Studio D friend and will be doing the chat tonight about Photoshop Elements. I can't wait. I have lots of questions of my own! Also, being with Pam was just like old times...LOVE HER!! And Jen and Brandy were a blast, too! All in all, it was the most fun I've had at CHA in years!! I loved not having to exhibit and being able to just take it all in!



My beautiful kids were featured on the Noritsu booth signage. It was easy for Emily to tell people what I had been up to that way :)

By the way, if anyone hasn't seen Emily's makeover, you must take a look: www.emilyhadams.blogspot.com
People had a hard time recognizing her at the show!

Here's Lynda, Elvis and me...thank you very much.

Me & Pam at a tapas bar...not a topless bar :)

3 comments:

Curdie said...

Wow, the booth looks freaking awesome!! (I don't use words like that very often)

I'm glad you had a good time.

Unknown said...

ha ha!! that picture of you and elvis is priceless!! put that on your scrapping list!! LOL!

Have a good time at CKU!

Pamela Lambie said...

Hey, Ash!

Have fun in Atlanta... love that city. I had sooooo much fun in Chicago and hanging out the other night at the house. We must do that more often! Indeed, it was JUST like old times.

Talk to you soon!!
P.