Thursday, September 06, 2007

Back to a routine

This week has been glorious so far! The girls started Mother's Day Out on Tuesday. This is Ella's third year but Gracie's first. She seemed a little confused when we dropped her off but she did well. Here are some pics from the first day.






Having these few hours twice a week has given me new energy! Bible study also started yesterday. I'm so excited about having this time again and studying the Bible. We're reading Isaiah which is very challenging but equally rewarding. I was so into my new weekly routine that I spontaneously became domestic! I made a new crock-pot chicken recipe which was good, but the very best part was this Greek Salsa that went on top. My friend Virginia came over and ate with us and the two of us ventured off to Ikea to grab some things for our home projects that we both are up to our ears in.

Back to the Greek Salsa. We decided that this would make the greatest dip with pita chips or just smear it on some bread and it's delicious!

Here's the recipe for the salsa:

Combine the following in a food processor or chopper and refrigerate.

1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted & chopped
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled.

It's yummmmmmmmy.

Just 25 minutes of child-free silence left today and still a million things on the to-do list!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls look adorable!
Can't wait to see the home projects completed!
How is Ella?

Curdie said...

awwwww, I love the picture of the girls with their lunch sacks. What cuties!!

Anonymous said...

That greek salsa sounds like it was MADE for me. I think next time i'm over you should make it for me! Or we could even make it together. :)

Anonymous said...

What fun for the girls and you! They look so cute with their lunch saks.

Enjoy the quiet time.

y

kateolynch said...

The girls are getting so big! And they are so cute!!!!

The Scotts said...

I am so glad that Ella has a face other than her "church" face:) Tammy